Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:39:18 +0100, Andy Cap
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:54:59 GMT, "neverwas" wrote:

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any way out of the mess unless and
until we get an electorate which is better educated on such matters.
(So it looks to me a close call whether we'll get there before the sun
goes red giant.)

I'm fascinated by the idea that the electorate can influence *any* single issue.
Our much hyped and self-righteously promoted democracy is no more than a sham.

It's childishly simplistic to think that parliamentary democracy
exactly like ours is the *only* possible fair or effective way to run
a country. Even if it works, if you have agovernment made up of
inveterate liars what chance is there?

Derek