Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Dave M[_2_] Dave M[_2_] is offline

Default Usenet providers?

John Fields wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:03:10 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working
on it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson

---
I've been using Giganews for about four years now.

Excellent and rock solid. I have no complaints at all.

http://www.giganews.com/

Ditto on Giganews. I've been using it for about 3 years or so with no
problems, which is a lot more than I can say about my internet connection.
I use Comcast; some days I have to continually disconnect and reconnect to
do anything at all.

No help from comcast to solve the problem; they've replaced the modem twice;
same problem. Signal levels seem to be OK, even immediately before I lose
connectivity. wth???
--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net