Tim Douglass

Default How much weight can a wall support (mounting a cabinet on a wall)

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:55:25 GMT, "Jon Endres, PE"
t wrote:

Two or three is about all I'm capable of. Always been a big boy, but I've
kept myself in marginally good enough shape to do what needs to be done.
One thing I have worried about, as a volunteer firefighter, is getting into
trouble and having my fellow FF's not be able to get me out. Full air pack
and gear I tip the scales at almost 340 lbs.

I remember that. I was a vol. FF for several years before moving. We
had a little gal about 120 lbs soaking wet who wanted to work on the
hose teams. I refused to work with her because she couldn't even drag
me across a smooth concrete floor. If there wasn't someone big enough
to make a serious stab at moving me I just stayed out of the
structure.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com