Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

With solid fuel heating you normally need to arrange for C plan style
system water heating so that you don't lose your cooling water circulation
in the event of power loss (since real fires don't go out with the
electricity!)

S'what we have. 28mm gravity circuit feeding one radiator and the hot tank.
Pumped circuit doing the rest.

We've currently got it set to pump if the gravity circuit gets to a certain
temperature, and ******** to any attempt to time things - there simply isn't
the capacity to tick over warm enough to make the thermostatic vent on the
back of the stove work. though theoretically our system can do that. Much
simpler now - want to heat the house? Shove some more fuel in, open the air
up.

It helps that most of our time in the house is in two rooms, the one with
the stove and the one with the gravity fed radiator.