Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

In article
,
Matty F wrote:
Did any urinate in the header tank? (as on the UK programme)

We tend not to have header tanks here. I've only ever seen one, and
only because I was fixing it after a tradesman had failed. I don't
understand the need for them, since there are better and cheaper ways
of getting the pressure right.

Fine if you have adequate flow and pressure coming into your house. Here I
don't. So it acts like a reservoir for things like fast filling of a bath.
It also gives you a store of water for times when the supply is cut off
for maintenance purposes.

--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.