Mark Jerde

Default How much weight can a wall support (mounting a cabinet on a wall)

mttt wrote:

Hell yeah! You've should be worried about the bux you've blown on
books that are out-of-date already? Any of them "Programming Apple
][ Pascal"? Or "PDP-11 Assembly Language"?

Pssst - have you got any room to store my two VIC-20 books???

On the other side of the room is my "Hall of Fame" bookshelf. When a
generation of books becomes useless I get rid of most, keeping a few that
give me warm-fuzzies:
"The C Programming Language" by K & R (Pre ANSI version)
"Inside the IBM PC" by Norton, 2nd Ed. (Has a now funny description of
the massive amounts of space in the 1MB address space)
A couple 8086 assembly language books. (I did some really low level
stuff in MSDOS 1.0)
Two SNOBOL books. (How I miss that pattern-matching language!)
Petzold's "Programming Windows 3.1"
Just two texts from college.

I wish I'd have kept the PDP-11 assembly language book. ;-) I used to be
semi-decent at addition and subtraction in octal.

-- Mark