Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

"Matty F" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 3:15 pm, "Clive George" wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

Contractors managed to dig through the gas main, twice.

Tee hee :-) That's not really a reason to avoid gas in your own home
though.

It's not economic to use mains gas in New Zealand. There may be a
slight saving over electric power but the monthly gas supply charge
more than wipes out any saving. In addition if I *don't* have an
electric water heater that the power company can turn off at peak
times, I will be charged more for all the power that I do use.
My annual power bill is around NZ$1500 (GPB 670). That includes
electric heating and heating water, and running loads of computers,
and cooking roast dinners etc. Hmm, I think I will have roast pork
tonight

Ah, you'll have to forgive me for assumptions made based on the NG titles
:-)

(over here, if you've got access to gas, the numbers are significantly in
favour of gas. And the electric competition is generally storage heaters,
which are **** IME - I'd rather have solid fuel, and was very glad to take
the lumps off the wall.)