Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT - Bank of America

Walter R. wrote:
No need to complain about interest rates. Just arrange for an automatic
deduction of the statement balance from your bank account every month. This
will give you the convenience of credit cards (no need to carry cash) plus
30 days grace in paying bills, plus getting a 1% to 3%rebate on all charges.
If you cannot pay your balance every month, you should not have a credit
card.

Hand a credit card company, that acts on behalf of any scum with a
merchant account, a stack of presigned blank checks to have their way
with my money at their leisure? I think not. No payment until I see the
statement of account, and I don't care to screw with attempting to read
it online. What if I am out of town the week the statement gets posted?
Fixing errors is easier if they DON'T have the money yet. Once it is
paid, you are mostly screwed.

I mostly could not care less about the interest rate, since I pay it off
every month. But any card that tries to re-impose an annual fee will be
going bye-bye. I've been strong considering dumping my green Amex for
that very reason, since I seldom travel any more. But after almost 30
years, I'd feel sort of naked without it. And since I only have one
other non-store card (other than the one my employer issued me.) I do
need a backup.

--
aem sends...