Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

wrote:
On 24 Sep,
Matty F wrote:

A "pro" may not do a good job.
In New Zealand we have a TV programme called Target where
professionals are asked to do all kinds of jobs while the owner is
away. There are hidden cameras.
Many professionals do not do a good job. Some wander around the house
& check the panty drawers etc. Some pinch money.

Did any urinate in the header tank? (as on the UK programme)

I happened to stumble across "cowboy builders" the other day on the
TV. Disgusting work by the original "builders" but the remedial work
in one case, although several orders of magnitude better than the
original, would not have been acceptable to my standards.

To put it into perspective you have to look at the percentage of 'cowboys'
compared to acceptable builders who do the job properly, then take into
account the idiot customers who went for the absolute cheapest quote they
could find, on the grounds that 'they have rights' and can always 'get
compensation'.

A TV show about a builder who did the job properly, on time & within budget
isn't going to get ratings. And that's what the completely unscrupulous TV
producers want above all else.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk