Mike G

Default tung oil vs tung oil finish

I believe ace hardware stores carry tung oil. If a wiping varnish is your
aim adding oil to varnish isn't the way to go about it. All you need to do
is thin it down fifteen or twenty percent. Mixing one part oil, one part
thinner, and one part varnish would give you a Danish oil whose attributes
can be changed by varying the ratios a bit.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
"C Carruth" wrote in message
. ..
Both HD and Lowe's only carry tung oil finish. I want to make a 50/50 mix

of
tung oil/poly as a wiping varnish - is tung oil finish the same thing?

If not, where can I get plain tung oil? The nearest woodworking stores are

LONG drive from my house.

Thanks..