Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default I don't know what to call these

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:37:57 GMT, Cicero wrote:

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:56:23 +0100, Dave wrote:

Reading the thread about compound sliding mitre saws, Roger mills wrote
that he mounted his to a piece of kitchen work top. I don't want mine to
be mounted with nuts and bolts, but there are over centre
levers/fasteners that would allow quick fastening and release. Anyone
know where I can find some with about a 10 mm screw thread? Or do I have
to make my own?

Dave

Have a look here under vices, etc: http://www.axminster.co.uk

If you don't see exactly what you want you might get some ideas for making
your own. You can also use G-clamps or similar although not strictly quick
release.

Cic.

Ta for the suggestion - very useful method. Are these the things on this
page?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/find.asp?...4FF56 HA8NS41
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.