Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Offers FYI

Roger Mills was thinking very hard :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It happens that Roger Mills formulated :
Looks like a better spec too, in that it's *definitely* a compound
mitre and not just a mitre. OK, it's 1500 watts instead of 1700 -
but that should be adequate.

It doesn't actually say compound mitre, are you sure?

Well, if my understanding of "compound" in this context is correct, yes.

You can cut compound bevels - which are at an angle to the axes of the wood
in two different planes. Firstly, you can rotate the cutting assembly through
+/- 45 degrees in plan view - which *all* mitre saws can do. *Then* you can
tilt the blade about a horizontal axis. [The text calls one of these "miter"
(sic) and the other "bevel" - and defines the max cutting capacity for
various combinations of these].

I collected one this afternoon, after a bit of collection fiasco.

It is definitely a compound mitre, you can use either or both angles in
the same cut. The bevel only does 0 to 45 to the left. Not actually
tried it yet, but seems well built - no detectable play or give at all
and very rigid. Surprisingly, much more rigid than my cheapo mitre chop
saw - even at full out extension. The laser guide is also separately
switched on and off to the blade motor.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)