Mike in Mystic

Default tung oil vs tung oil finish

Get Bob Flexner's book "Understanding Wood Finishing" and all will become
clear.

"WD" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 04:52:42 GMT, Charles
wrote:

Yeah, Woodcraft store sell them. They are damn expensive. I was there
on the weekend, wondering whether to buy and try one my project. But
there are many kinds/mixture of Tung oil. Can you explain how to use
them? I believe David Mark use Tung oil on most of his woodworking
shows.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 04:43:46 GMT, "C Carruth"
wrote:

Both HD and Lowe's only carry tung oil finish. I want to make a 50/50

mix of
tung oil/poly as a wiping varnish - is tung oil finish the same thing?

If not, where can I get plain tung oil? The nearest woodworking stores

are a
LONG drive from my house.

Thanks..

Mail order from Woodcraft would be one way to get some.