Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Older house wiring puzzle

On Sep 24, 8:32�am, bob haller wrote:
when anyone wit K&T decides to sell their home would they please
report back here with what happens?

I asked a realtor about this question yesterday, they had sold my oms
house, I bumped into them at the grocery store.

they said its not very common here anymore, at least partially because
you cant get homeowners insurance. at home resale time house must be
rewired to current code, or no insurance no sale.

he did report one derelict home sold, the buyer paid cash for a home
under 20 grand. he said the new owner had a home fire, not caused by
wiring and lost his entire life savings. owner was attempting to heat
house in winter totally by fireplace, chimney failed.

everyone should have homeowners insurance

my moms house