Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Core Drills

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:14:38 -0700 (PDT)
"js.b1" wrote:

I would not use TCT, lots of noise, sintered diamond are so cheap
these days.
I would not bother hiring for such a small size.

Go to www.amazon.co.uk
Type in Blue Spot
There is a 52x150mm on there for £17.99
You will need an arbor (separate) for SDS
Turn Hammer off.
2kg SDS has enough power & already has a clutch.

When done sell it for about £5-7 plus delivery on Ebay -- *net* cost
is just £10-12. Done it dozens of times, the bit will do a huge number
of holes before the tabs wear down.

Stitch drilling is quick, but can often break up bricks and always
ends up "bigger than the equivalent core drill". If you break a hire
core bit you may get a surprisingly large bill (Marcrist or Hilti bits
cost lots).

Thanks for all the advice, I've ordered a dry diamond 52x150mm from
toolstation with 200mm SDS arbor, 200mm arbour extension, and pilot.
I sold it to SWMBO on the basis that the hole would be 'clean'

R.

But they will swallow anything if you lie.

Adam