Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sheds

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:21:26 -0700 (PDT), GMM wrote:

I'm intrigued at the idea of using fence posts as bearers (David and
Chris), as I was thinking in terms of having to make a slab base: I
was sort of hoping to use up a pile of old bricks as hardcore, but I
suppose I could do that just as easily under fence post bearers,

Our shed is on 3 x 3 fence posts more or less directly on the ground.
There is the odd brick or stone under them here and there but nothing
particularly consistent. Decent quality treated posts won't rot under
a shed, the air flow will keep them and the shed floor pretty dry.

I can see Harry's proposition of using soffit board.

Wouldn't look very nice IMHO and I'm a little confused a bout the
lack of security aspect. Wouldn't take much of kick or whack with
hammer to bash through a bit of shiplap or panelling. uPVC soffit the
hammer will just bounce off...

--
Cheers
Dave.