Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Mystery little press

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:57:35 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

big snip
Sorry to disagree, but I am quite positive that the thing Iggy shows is NOT
the nutcracker - for one, an elderly friend of mine has one lying around,
and it's been lying around since long before 2004 - this item has some other
application and whatever it is, no one has identified it yet - if I had to
guess, I'd say it's for pressing bearings into something, possibly a U
joint, but I'm not sure either

This is an old nut cracker style. Here is a patent to a
similar one from 1935:

http://www.google.com/patents/about?...BAJ&dq=2080478

If I can remember, I'll take a look in my old catalogs for
something similar.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b