Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob G[_3_] Rob G[_3_] is offline

Default A bit OT - horse shoe

On 23 Sep, 00:52, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham
saying something like:

I'm gradually clearing out the old workshop and moving across to the
new one. *I came across a horse shoe in a corner and am surprised how
big it is - 175 x220mm. *Is this going to be a genuine one or
something made just as a large shoe ?

From a shire horse, some of them have hooves the size of dinner plates.

Many thanks guys - I reckon this could well have been a Clydesdale
then as I'm in Scotland. I can't remember when and where I originally
found it but there's been a fair bit of earth moving around the house,
so I will take the luck for finding it. The logic that such a big
animal would have feet as big as ours is fairly persuasive.

The various myths are good too. I had tiny horseshoe in the old
workshop which had it's prongs up the way - it would have been a
pretty small devil to have sat inside it.

Rob