Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_2_] LouB[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring in a DSL filter

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Jan Philips wrote:
I need to wire a DSL filter with a modular jack and plug into a phone
line without a modular jack/plug. I figured I'd cut the plug off the
DSL filter and wire those into the phone line. However, the colors of
the wires in the DSL filter are black, red, green, and yellow and I
think the phone line is in pairs with different colors.
How should this be wired in to the phone line?

Is there a better way to do it? (I went by Radio Shack and they
didn't have any modular jacks and plugs designed to be wired in this
way.)

Here's a good link that can describe it better than I can:

http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~kurisuto/phone_wiring.html

TDD

Thx lots of info