Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Wiring in a DSL filter

"Jan Philips" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:11:15 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

I would do it differently, but to answer your question.

What is a better way?

What I chose to do was split the incoming phone line at the entry point to
the basement. Using a system of modern modular jacks I ran the unfiltered
source to the modem and used one DSL filter for the rest of the house.

Next person can filter that line if they want to simply by adding another
filter.

As for your striping problem a match or lighter works well for burning the
insulation off the wires which can then be trimmed if you burn to much.

Colbyt