Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Wiring in a DSL filter

On Sep 22, 12:16*pm, Jan Philips
wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:58:13 -0400, LouB wrote:
Does the phone line end in the old 4 prong outlet?
Yes? *Buy a converter.
No Google how phone lines work.
Most old lines only use two wires for signals. *Other two are not used
or are for power to the lights on old phones.

No old 4-prong. *It is a new phone but it is hard-wired in. *If I know
which pair of wires is used, should they go through the red and black
wires of the filter, or some other pair?
--
Replace you know what by j to email

As per the other replies.....
telephone color coding for the last 40+ years

red & green .......line 1
black & yellow ......line 2

my last wired phine work ~2005 polarity did matter, so if you try
red & green one way and oyur phone doenst work; swap them

sounds to me like the DSL filter is set up to service two lines

cheers
Bob