Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sheds

David J used his keyboard to write :

If I had some decent carpentry skills I would have probably made one.
Instead I bought a shed in kit form from gardenbuildingsdirect two
years ago.

The size is 10' x 8', which is just big enough to store my garden
tools etc. It was easy to erect on my own. All the fixings were
supplied, plus the roofing materials. I used screws generally instead
of the nails supplied. Also I did add some long coach bolts through
top & bottom of each corner to complete the bracing. I added some
guttering and a water butt to finish off the task.

Mine is supported on 6 off 3" x 3" fence posts that rest on concrete
paving slabs that I levelled out carefully.

It cost me £300 then. I see that the same shed is about £320 now.
It looks fine with a coat of fence preservative. My son-in law bought
a larger one, which looks even better, and we are both very pleased.

David J

Just an idea....

5m of 300mm wide plastic white soffit board is double skinned and cost
me around £9 per 5m length. Each length just clips into the next one
above it. Now assuming you could build a suitable timber frame and
further assuming its poor security were not much of an issue, that
would be a fairly cheap way to build a hut. A 6 x 4 hut would need at a
guess 6 lengths for the walls and the finish is similar to shiplap.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)