Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Richard is offline

Default More filling!

On Sep 22, 9:27*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Richard writes:

Further to my last post on filling Joinery, I've also got a problem
with my painted kitchen cabinets - the joints are starting to open up
in place on the doors - should I fill and paint over or is this a bad
idea incase the gap closes up again? Many thanks Rich.

Depends on the door. Proper panel doors are designed so the panels
slide as the timber expands and contracts. If you stop it doing this
by glueing it with paint, the panels might end up splitting instead.

--
Andrew Gabriel

thanks for the reply. It's actually the joint between the stile and
the rail that's opening up not the panel itself. Any ideas? Thanks.