Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Knee Jerk

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Upscale wrote:

And to Doug Miller who said that there's nothing more important than
freedom. He should try experiencing a serious disability and find out what
it's like to have that freedom but not be able to do anything with it
because he was confined to a body that mostly doesn't work anymore.

Freedom is only good Doug if you can take advantage of it.

And your "disability" does not entitle you to rape everyone else's
freedom.

True, but a non sequitur.

You continue to live in this ideological sewer that says
you're entitled to whatever you need even if it harms other people.

This is an ugly accusation made, so far as I can determine, without
justification.

This is the mindset of an emotionally undeveloped five year old,
not of an adult.

This appears to be a strawman argument, where you fabricate and project
a mindset and then castigate it as if it were not your own.

Your needs are legitimate - like 10s of millions
of other people. But they are not a get-out-of-jail-free card to
pillage your neighbors. A gentleman asks for help politely and
is grateful when it is given.

Perhaps, but a person who demands a public declaration of gratitude for
a gentlemanly act is, in my opinion, unworthy of being considered a
gentleman.

A spoiled child demands what they want and curses their benefactor.

Another non sequitur.

I'd say your predominant disability isn't physical, it's moral.

I'd say you owe Upscale an apology.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar