Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7937 Ignoramus7937 is offline

Default Mystery little press

On 2009-09-22, Bill Noble wrote:
Sorry to disagree, but I am quite positive that the thing Iggy shows is NOT
the nutcracker - for one, an elderly friend of mine has one lying around,
and it's been lying around since long before 2004 - this item has some other
application and whatever it is, no one has identified it yet - if I had to
guess, I'd say it's for pressing bearings into something, possibly a U
joint, but I'm not sure either

Bill, the guy who sold me a box with stuff, including this press (for
$3), said it had something to do with bearings, but he did not look
certain.