Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Mystery little press

Bill Noble wrote:

(...)

Sorry to disagree, but I am quite positive that the thing Iggy shows is
NOT the nutcracker - for one, an elderly friend of mine has one lying
around, and it's been lying around since long before 2004 - this item
has some other application and whatever it is, no one has identified it
yet - if I had to guess, I'd say it's for pressing bearings into
something, possibly a U joint, but I'm not sure either

I spoke too soon!

Can you post a picture of your friends item?

--Winston

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.