Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Lidl Offers FYI

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:26:07 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

The question still stands of is it the same (role) as a 'cut off saw'
though? ;-)

It will do what a cut off saw will do and more. ,-)

Assuming the depth stop works, you can knock out lap joints and tenons
with
ease.

Ah, but *generally* more associated with carpentry than metalwork?

A good tungsten blade will cut metal easy enough, its what happens to the
swarf and the heat that kills stuff.
If its got plastic guards they will last a few minutes if you are lucky.
I wouldn't buy one to cut up lots of metal a few nails and screws in wood
wouldn't worry me.

At least it looks small and compact.
I made the mistake of buying a 12" bladed one from a B&Q clearance and it is
huge.
I seldom need to cut anything as big as it goes and I think I could have
made better use of a smaller one.
At least it didn't cost much.