Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Offers FYI

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I basically want to have something that I can use in the garden or
workshop (so reasonably portable) for cutting up lengths of metal.

An angle grinder in a stand with the correct disc does a decent job of
this. Much cheaper than a saw. I got a stand in Lidl some time ago for
very little quids. But it only takes a 4" grinder. I'd like one for the 9"
one.

It's also going to be fairly infrequently (just when a project comes
up) when I am using it I can take my time with a d-i-y level tool.

You can get circular saws said to cut steel - seen them advertised in car
mags. But how special that blade is and whether it can be fitted to other
saws I dunno.

--
*I used up all my sick days so I called in dead

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.