Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Lidl Offers FYI

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:26:07 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

The question still stands of is it the same (role) as a 'cut off saw'
though? ;-)

It will do what a cut off saw will do and more. ,-)

Assuming the depth stop works, you can knock out lap joints and tenons with
ease.

Ah, but *generally* more associated with carpentry than metalwork?

I basically want to have something that I can use in the garden or
workshop (so reasonably portable) for cutting up lengths of metal.
It's also going to be fairly infrequently (just when a project comes
up) when I am using it I can take my time with a d-i-y level tool.

But then you never know what 'other' uses these things will get used
for. ;-)

Cheers, T i m