Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Lidl Offers FYI

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:44:58 -0500, Jules
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 00:43:36 +0100, T i m wrote:
Reading the description of the above it doesn't appear to mention what
material(s) it's designed / suitable for, other than the mention of
the 'universal saw blade. So does that mean it can cut anything
(within reason) or does any fool know that it's just for wood?

Mine (bought in the US) was like that, too. I've used it to cut PVC pipe
as well as wood, and it did happily eat through a nail that I'd missed
when cutting some scrap wood for a temp. jig the other week, but the teeth
seem too coarse for me to expect it to work with metal

And there's metal (like the odd nail or bit of flat) and there's METAL
(like several cuts through some large sections) of course.

- I had horrible
visions of it snagging the workpiece and launching it across the 'shop,
never mind any clamps...

It's amazing how far stuff can be autoflung. Yesterday I used a
hand-electric drill mounted polishing mop for the first time on a bit
of m/cycle pseudo-ally and you should have seen the polish stick fly!
;-)

65mm seems awfully low for cut depth, by the way. That's got to be a typo,
surely...

Erm, it looks like it only has a 210 dia blade so allowing for the rad
being 110 mm and then the mounting hub etc?

Cheers, T i m