Bay Area Dave

Default Can you describe your sharpening station?

barely suppressed giggle Arranged? Well, let's see...if I was the OCD
fellow I worked with at GE a few years back, I'd keep them all lined up,
equidistant from all intersecting surfaces, and each other. They would
be shimmed from underneath so that their top surfaces were uniformly
level to a within .1 MM.

Since I'm not afflicted with OCD, the sharpening equipment goes in one
of 12 general purpose drawers, except what won't fit, which then goes
wherever it does fit.

Perhaps you should sign up for your local "let's peer into everyone's
garage" tour. You know, kinda like the Tour of the movie stars homes in
Hollywood?

I REALLY can't imagine what difference it makes as to where someone's
stone is kept!

still chuckling...

dave

Charles Krug wrote:

Pretty much it. What do you use to sharpen and how do you have it
arranged. I've a couple of Arkansas in boxes that I mostly keep on a
shelf. I imagine a reasonably flat surface and a piece of plate glass
are Coming Soon, so I'm looking for ideas that others have found useful.

SWMBO tells me there's a package from Garrett-Wade on the front porch.
Likely there's a thing or two in there that needs sharpening, just a
guess.

I'm planning on starting her coffee table over Thanksgiving. I'm going
to practice the M&T technique described by Tage Frid in the "FWW on
Joinery," for the next couple weeks on my astonishingly large scrap
piles.

Meanwhile . . . to sharpen a rock . . .