Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default WARNING, WILL ROBINSON! ACTUAL METAL QUESTION!

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:50:35 -0400, Wes
wrote:

snip
I ordered a #1 phillips screwdriver the other day from mcmaster since my best #1 walked
off at work. Since I play with electricity quite often, I got the one where the shaft is
insulated.

The screwdriver I recieved was made by Wera and had those ribs. Had some sort of coating
that looked like TiN. Anyway, it fits screws pretty good and you can do the horizonal
thing where you stick it into a screw head and let go and the scredriver hangs in air.

Wes

This is my favorite screwdriver for electric work:

http://www.mytoolstore.com/sk/sk03179a.html

"SK 5 Piece Magnetic Screwdriver Set: Screwdriver with bit
holder; #4, #6 Slotted Bits; #1, #2 Phillips Bits.

73517 SK 5 Piece Magnetic Screwdriver Set - 7 Inch $25.25"

The 7 inch long shank is the key feature. I have one of the
shorter 4 inch models too, but always grab the 7 inch if I
have a choice. If the steel shank bothers you wrap it up
with electric tap/heat shrink.

I'm sure there are other similar screwdriver nowadays. This
has been my favorite for over 30 years. Put what ever bit
you want in it.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b