Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default PING: Robert Dee

On 19 Sep 2009 18:32:25 GMT, steamer
wrote:

--Well I've started buying parts for Plan B, which is described
he http://www.floridaame.org/Plans/Kamr...achometer.html
--Won't get parts together until after the steamboat meet but I'm
buying enough to build a few. I've got a pile of Stamps so that part is
easy..

Have you seen this Tachometer Kit?

http://www.electronickits.com/kit/co...as/vek2625.htm

"Digital Tachometer Kit -- This tachometer can be adapted to
any gasoline car or motorcycle engine. It differs from
conventional tachometers, the analog hand is replaced with
two seven segment led's. Only one simple and single
adjustment is needed to calibrate the circuit for full
linear scale. The brightness of the LED's is also
adjustable

Specifications:
Main Board: L: 3-1/8" W: 2-3/8" H: 3/4"
Display Board: L: 2-1/8" W: 1-3/4" H: 3/4"
Face Plate: L: 3-5/8" W: 2-3/4" H: Thin
Requires 10-15VDC @ 200mA power supply.
(Need a Power Supply?)
Range 100 to 9900 RPM (resolution 100 rpm)
Displays in 100's or 1000's of RPM
1/2 " Seven Segment LED display.
Easy Calibration.
PVC Front Plate Included.

VEK2625 - Digital Tachometer Kit - $42.95"

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b