Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default do glass verandahs need PP or Building Regs?

On 21 Sep, 19:30, "dennis@home" wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

On 21 Sep, 18:54, RubberBiker wrote:
I would think most likely it does. Generally, there are your permitted
development rights for things like garages, sheds and porches (subject
to restrictions on size and location) - and anything else needs PP.

Contact your local planning office, only a fairly simple informal
application is necessary to tell you if you need PP.

IMHE better to leave some stones unturned unless absolutely necessary!

to expand - it seems i can still (since the PD changes) build a
conservatory of certain parameters without needin PP or BRegs but it
seems I may need PP (poss BRegs) for an open sided lean-to glass
roofed structure...??

Be aware that although you may not need to apply for building regs, it does
not mean you don't have to comply with building regs.

ah this again - i take the opposite view - thanks