Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default do glass verandahs need PP or Building Regs?

"jim" wrote in message
On 21 Sep, 18:54, RubberBiker wrote:
I would think most likely it does. Generally, there are your permitted
development rights for things like garages, sheds and porches (subject
to restrictions on size and location) - and anything else needs PP.

Contact your local planning office, only a fairly simple informal
application is necessary to tell you if you need PP.

IMHE better to leave some stones unturned unless absolutely necessary!

to expand - it seems i can still (since the PD changes) build a
conservatory of certain parameters without needin PP or BRegs but it
seems I may need PP (poss BRegs) for an open sided lean-to glass
roofed structure...??

Be aware that although you may not need to apply for building regs, it does
not mean you don't have to comply with building regs.