kb8qlr

Default Cordless drills

I've got a B&D that I bought maybe 6 years ago. It's drilled a lot of holes,
and drove a lot of screws. My only regret was I wished I'd bought the
variable speed instead of the 2 speed.

SWMBO allowed me to buy an early xmas present for myself. So, I bought a
Grizzly 18V. If it lasts as long as the B&D has, I'll be happy.

Good luck.
Joe

"Henry E Schaffer" wrote in message
In article ,
Alan wrote:
I'm interested in buying a cordless drill/driver. My recent purchase
of a 12 volt Makita has left a very bad taste in my mouth, the drill
was very cheaply made (not the pro line) and it wouldn't keep a drill
bit or driver tight, no matter what I did. I've returned in under
their 30 day customer satisfaction policy and now I'm shopping again.

I think the Bosch 14.4 Brute-Tough will fit my needs. Any ideas??

I've had a Bosch 12V model for years, and it has performed very well.
However the keyless chuck is somewhat hard to close tightly enough to
drill large holes in steel - i.e. only for the worst cases.

I'm happy enough that I bought a new battery for it, and have just
sent the other one to PrimeCell for rebuilding.
--
--henry schaffer