Charlie Self

Default Cordless drills

Lawrence Ramsey writes:

Most like Makita or at lkeast the professional line-did not know they
had such. Stay away from DeWalt- too many troubles in our experience.
We like Milwaukee, AEG, Hitachi and Bosch. Charlie Self wrote a good
article on cordless drills I believe. He has more experience with all
sorts of tools than most of us since he is a writer-and a good one I
might add.

Glad you like the writing, but the recent review was on corded drills. Might be
time for another on cordless...hear that Rob? Currently, my array consists of
one DeWalt 12v, one Makita 14.4 NiMH, one Ryobi 14.4 and that's it! Amazing.
I've had no problems with any of them. The Makita tends to get the least use
because of the self-draining characteristic of the NiMH batteries...lose maybe
1-5% of their charge per day. In other words, if it sits for 2 weeks, you need
to recharge before use...but there is NO memory so there's no problem at all
recharging a partly discharged battery. Newer NiCads supposedly beat that
problem, too.

Charlie Self
"I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use
our power the greater it will be." Thomas Jefferson