Posted to uk.d-i-y
David J David J is offline

Default Internal wall insulation

I've got a detached house with an integral unheated garage, built in
1997 with the insulation standards of that time. The garage door is
up/over with considerable gaps, so that in winter the garage interior
is notg much warmer than the outside air.

All the interior walls in the garage are made of a thermal block
material, but I am unsure if there is also an insulated cavity on the
house side. I suspect not, as it is probably considered to be an
internal wall.

The 'garage side' walls of all the house rooms adjoining the garage
are noticeabily colder in winter, and I am wondering if it would make
sense to clad the garage/house wall with some form of insulation on
the garage side.

Can anyone suggest a suitable insulation material, ideally in panel
form, for easy attachment to the interior of my garage/house wall.

David J