Mike in Mystic

Default Cordless drills

hehe, you're right. It's 460 in./lbs. As it stands it feels like it could
break my wrist sometimes. 460 ft./lbs would be a bit overkill hehe

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Bruce Rowen" wrote in message
Mike in Mystic wrote:

I have a Milwaukee 14.4 volt cordless and it's wonderful. I just used

the
heck out of it drilling dog holes in my workbench top (3 layers of 3/4"

MDF
and a top skin of 1/4" masonite). I drilled a total of 58 dog holes. I

was
able to get about half done before changing batteries, and the 1-hour
charger was true to its name. I also used it to drill 1.5" holes with a
forstner bit, etc. etc.

It often suprised me how much torque it produces (460 ft/lbs.)

You sure it is not in-oz? 460 ft-lbs is what a modest V8 small block
puts out....

and you have
to remember to brace yourself when using forstner bits in hard maple,

let me
tell you.

So, Milwaukee get's my vote in the cordless drill department.

I have the Milwaukee 14.4 "tor-loc" cordless which replaced the
venerable Makita 9.6 (great drill!)
The 14.4 is a real workhorse, excellent product and great chuck.

-Bruce