Mike in Mystic

Default Cordless drills

I have a Milwaukee 14.4 volt cordless and it's wonderful. I just used the
heck out of it drilling dog holes in my workbench top (3 layers of 3/4" MDF
and a top skin of 1/4" masonite). I drilled a total of 58 dog holes. I was
able to get about half done before changing batteries, and the 1-hour
charger was true to its name. I also used it to drill 1.5" holes with a
forstner bit, etc. etc.

It often suprised me how much torque it produces (460 ft/lbs.) and you have
to remember to brace yourself when using forstner bits in hard maple, let me
tell you.

So, Milwaukee get's my vote in the cordless drill department.

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Alan" wrote in message
om...
I'm interested in buying a cordless drill/driver. My recent purchase
of a 12 volt Makita has left a very bad taste in my mouth, the drill
was very cheaply made (not the pro line) and it wouldn't keep a drill
bit or driver tight, no matter what I did. I've returned in under
their 30 day customer satisfaction policy and now I'm shopping again.

I think the Bosch 14.4 Brute-Tough will fit my needs. Any ideas??