Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default WARNING, WILL ROBINSON! ACTUAL METAL QUESTION!

"SteveB" wrote:

When looking for Phillips #2 bits, I look for the ones that have the little
grooves on the tips. For some reason, I have found that they grip better,
last longer, and will work at a slight angle. But I have found them hard to
find. When I ask a salesman, they give me the same look one gets when you
ask a two year old how his last orgasm was.

I ordered a #1 phillips screwdriver the other day from mcmaster since my best #1 walked
off at work. Since I play with electricity quite often, I got the one where the shaft is
insulated.

The screwdriver I recieved was made by Wera and had those ribs. Had some sort of coating
that looked like TiN. Anyway, it fits screws pretty good and you can do the horizonal
thing where you stick it into a screw head and let go and the scredriver hangs in air.

Wes