Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default DANGER! Gun question .....

"Steve W." wrote in message
Buerste wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:38:32 -0600, the infamous "SteveB"
scrawled the following:

For a coyote gun, I'm considering a 22/250. I like the Savage Model
12.
Should I consider other calibers, or is this a good choice?
Having just read an article about them (can't find the URL or I'd have
linked it), I'm sweeter on the .223.

Some other articles:
http://www.clcweb.net/Hunting/Varmin...armintguns.htm

http://longrangehunting.com/forums/f...t-rifle-24439/

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."

I've got a Mini-14 for sale if you're looking.

Which series is it?

I currently have an early ranch and a 180 series.
Always liked the mini design. They are a very reliable gun and great for
most uses. Not a tack driver (best group I have ever had was a 5 shot
3/4" at 100 yards) but they were never meant to be.

--
Steve W.

I bought it used in the early '80s, it has no manual bolt hold open.