Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Best Ear Plug?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:40:03 -0500, Jules wrote:

The ones that are more like the material that those memory foam
matresses are made from seem to serve me a lot better. They still fall
out once in a while, but not too bad and they don't feel disgusting.

I get on well enough with the disposable foam type. There is a bit of
knack to fitting. You do need to roll them down into a narrow
cylinder not just squidge 'em. Once rolled small quickly pop into the
ear canal and hold your finger gently on the end until the plug has
expanded a bit and isn't going to drop out.

Any DIY place should carry them

At a price, note these foamy things should only be single use. You
don't want an outer ear infection, they tend to be like tooth ache.
And you *REALLY* don't want an inner ear infection,

How is an ear plug going to give you an inner ear infection? [and after 20+
trips to the ENT man, I'm a expert on inner ear problems ;-)]

tim