Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

"Steve Turner" wrote:

Well I wasn't so much talking about getting it off *me* as I was
getting it off everything else, but apart from the T-88, every other
brand I've used in the past (and the few I have lying around here
right now) mention lacquer thinner and/or acetone for cleanup and
it's always worked for me. Even from my skin(!), but I don't like
to make a habit of that. I suspect those solvents might be worse
for your skin than the epoxy itself, although acetone has been a
common ingredient in finger nail polish remover for eons.

SFWIW, today most nail polish removers are NOT acetone based.

As far as getting any of the ketone solvents on your skin, it is
strongly suggested you don't, but as you say, small quantities
probably don't hurt.

As far as uncured epoxy is concerned, you build up a sensitivity to
the stuff over time, then you wake up one day with a skin rash and you
are done working with epoxy.

A $5 box of latex surgical gloves from Harbor Freight solves a lot of
problems when working with epoxy.

Lew