Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

wrote:

Epoxy putty is different from epoxy resin.Epoxy resin CAN be thinned
with alcohol or acetone but the ultimate strength can be
compromised.
Don't think you can thin epoxy putty very easily, but I could be
wrong.

T-88 is listed as a structural adhesive on the SO-3 web site which as
you say makes it a different animal from laminating resin.

I've always used laminating resin as a "glue" or thickened with
micro-balloons as an "adhesive" with success, but then again,
different horses for different courses.

Lew
..