Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default DANGER! Gun question .....

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:43:37 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 03:54:58 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message
For a coyote gun, I'm considering a 22/250. I like the Savage Model
12. Should I consider other calibers, or is this a good choice?

I used to trap professionally, (two winters before the price crash at
the end of the 80s) but never seemed to have enough money for a good
rifle. I did however read The Trapper and Predator Caller magazine for
several years, and a good quality 22-250 seemed to be the rifle of
choice by all the callers writing articles for them. If you are in
circumstance where you might get multiple targets in rapid succession
the usual preference according to my gunsmith buddy is to glass bed the
chamber (thick part of the barrel) and action and float the barrel.

I had a Ruger mini-14 and it sucked. I never did figure out how to
zero it in until years after I sold it. It did however do a pretty
good job of dropping them if I could hit them.

I have 2 Mini-14s and they will both dot an "I" right out of the box.
What was the issue with yours?

How does one dot a capital I, Tawmmy?

You know you're a good shooter when you can dot your 't's while crossing
your 'i's. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich