Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default Non-setting mastic for roof ridge tile pointing

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
om...
Steve wrote:
'Non-setting mastic' is sometimes recommended for pointing ridge tiles as
an alternative to sand/cement, to allow for slight movement.. However, I
don't know where to find it - the only non-setting mastic I can find is
Plumbers' Mate - obviously unsuitable!

There are plenty of low modulus building mastics but they are not
'non-setting'. Can anyone suggest where I can get a suitable non-setting
mastic?

Thanks

Butyl glazing compound? UV resistance might be an issue though.

Thanks. Might be OK, but seems designed for glass/metal/wood. Surfaces need
priming -
http://www.everbuild.co.uk/images/pd...20compound.DOC.

Ideally need something that bonds well to tiles/mortar.