Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default WARNING, WILL ROBINSON! ACTUAL METAL QUESTION!

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:36:30 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

When looking for Phillips #2 bits, I look for the ones that have the little
grooves on the tips. For some reason, I have found that they grip better,
last longer, and will work at a slight angle. But I have found them hard to
find. When I ask a salesman, they give me the same look one gets when you
ask a two year old how his last orgasm was.

Is there a special name or brand for these. I must have 100 bits in my
cabinets, and most suck because they are too pointed. These I am referring
to look like they have the tip ground off, look kind of rounded when looked
at from the side, and have grooves perpendicular to the main axis around the
flutes.

Steve

I've known them as anti-cam out bits.

anti-camout