Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT Gizzajob

Tim S wrote:
Adrian coughed up some electrons that declared:

Tim S gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

BTW - I don't have a CompSci degree
I do.
- I worked in the "hard way" from another numerate discipline - I wish
I had done CompSci because it would have made doing the right thing
the first time much easier in so many projects...
I wouldn't put money on that...
Well, it was just silly things like having a more formal approach,
having a pocket full of algorithms instead of having to dig through
Knuth or the internet every time I wanted to do something a little bit
interesting...

Knuth? Who or what is Knuth?
checks Wiki
Oh. Never heard of him...

The author of a series of computer science books in 1968 onwards that are as
relevant today as they were then. Which is some achievement when you
consider how computers normally radiate obscelence!

Indeed. They weren't really relevant then, and they aren't now!

IMHO ;-)

Seriously, the books on software engineering were far more appropriate.