Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Garbage disposals

JIMMIE wrote in news:ffcb6089-fd91-42a2-9335-
:

On Sep 17, 2:39*pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 17, 10:31*am, JIMMIE wrote:

snip
I figure anything I can
do to make it easier will be a lot of help. I am even considering
pulling the sink out.

Go for it. That's the first thing a pro would do in that situation.

Joe

I went ahead and pulled the sink cutting the pipe in places that would
be easy to replace. Geez it didnt take 20 minutes. I may replace the
sink, I didnt realize what a chintsy sink this thing was. I would have
probably warped the bottom of the sink trying to take the lock ring
off. Found that some genius glued pieces of the PVC trap together they
shouldnt have.

You mean regular thinwall stuff that's packaged or sched 40 pipe?

That would explain a lot of my frustration with this
project. Throwing all this junk away is getting to sound like a great
idea. usenet groups are theraputic.

Jimmie